Sunday, April 26, 2009

God's Blessing

My daughter sent this to me, I have decided to post it. Christian parents are a blessing, but Christian siblings(adult children) are a very big blessing.

The blessing of the Lord, it makes me rich and adds no sorrow to it.

I always thought of that as material or temporal. My brain rarely traveled beyond into the eternal or even in the emotional...until lately. Today is no exception. In fact, today is as an exclamation point on the fact that the Lord has blessed me.

My son, who is 8 years old (going on adult) helped the neighbor across the street, gathering flowers from an empty lot and planting. The neighbor paid Jason for his help by giving him whatever flowers he found he did not need.

Jason ran in with all the energy and excitement of 10 children, "Mom, Mom, guess what I got you..." he grabbed my hand and pulled me outside to show me his treasure.

That was a few days ago, yesterday, he brought home more flowers and an onion plant. Where I live, I am not permitted to have a garden, but an onion mixed in with the flowers probably won't be a problem. He wanted to know where I wanted the flowers. He decided on a spot, which I said would not work because of the clay all around. Besides, I was busy with other things and was not prepared to find a home for those plants.

This brings me to today, when he went to his neighbor and asked for help. With neighbor recruited and shovel in hand, Jason set about the job of planting my flowers and onion. Along with this, he and the neighbor weeded my front flower garden and pulled a couple bushes that I couldn't stand. My flower garden in the front is now ready for planting.

The blessing of the Lord truly does make rich. I am truly blessed.
written by Karlen Ann (Clouse) Jacobsen

Ken Clouse
Lay Leader
North East Michigan Reformation Society

No comments: